Support line: +44 (0)1653 699599
One of the missions of the Encephalitis Society is to ensure that survivors and their families have all the resources, support and information they need to thrive after encephalitis.
That is why this year’s theme for World Encephalitis Day on Saturday, 22nd February, will focus on encephalitis experts.
We are proud to say that we work alongside global leaders in encephalitis research and treatment who are devoted to saving lives and improving our understanding of encephalitis.
In our 25-year history, we estimate that 3.75 million people globally have died as a direct result of their encephalitis diagnosis.
Our mission – and the mission of encephalitis experts around the world – is to see that figure halved over the next 25 years.
That is why we need your help this World Encephalitis Day.
1. Go #Red4WED on World Encephalitis Day by wearing something red, taking a picture and sharing it on your social media. Find out More
2. Download and take part in BrainWalk, our smartphone App. Find out more
3. Social media. We have lots of resources specially designed for social media which can be downloaded and shared on your social media accounts. Find out more
4. Hold a fundraising/awareness event at work or home. Have a fun red-themed day at your place or work or at school and tell your friends, colleagues and classmates about encephalitis. Find out more
5. Make a donation. Financial support of the Encephalitis Society will allow us to carry on our award-winning work which provides free resources and information to families affected by encephalitis, funds research and raises awareness of encephalitis to the general public and health professionals around the world. Donate now
Thank you for your support!
Dr Ava Easton, Chief Executive, Encephalitis Society
This project is supported by a charitable donation from Pfizer Ltd
Download our BrainWalk app and join us in a virtual journey to key locations around the globe for World Encephalitis Day
Some facts and figures about encephalitis for World Encephalitis Day
For World Encephalitis Day, we have asked several encephalitis experts to help us put together a series of films looking at different aspects of encephalitis. Watch them today.
Raise awareness by handing out official Put It On... Pass It On wristbands and telling people about encephalitis and what it means to you.
Wear something red on World Encephalitis Day to help us raise awareness
Take a look at how we celebrated World Encephalitis Day in years gone by
Find out about some of the gatherings happening around the world this World Encephalitis Day
Resources to help you with fundraising and raising awareness of World Encephalitis Day 2020