About the Encephalitis Society
To live in a world where Encephalitis is as rare as it possibly can be given its eradication is unlikely, and that those affected and their families, have access to early diagnosis, excellent management of their condition, timely access to rehabilitation and other forms of social support.
To improve the quality of life of all people affected directly and indirectly by Encephalitis by:
- To support adults and children affected by Encephalitis, their families and carers by providing advice and information and working at a national and international level to improve services.
- To produce evidence-based, quality information on all aspects of the condition in printed, electronic, video and audio formats.
- To raise awareness about the condition and its subsequent problems among relevant professionals, statutory agencies and the general public.
- To conduct research and work in partnership with other researchers and their establishments.
The Encephalitis Society is an organisation that was founded on the principle of mutual support. Our desire to influence change is informed by the direct experience of people affected by Encephalitis and their families and carers. Input from other contributors to the Society including our Members, Staff, Volunteers, and Trustees are key in our considerations.
Our key values are:
- Professionalism to treat each other with the highest levels of respect at all times
- Passion to generate a ‘can-do’ attitude, feel the impact of our work, and take pride in knowing we can make a difference
- Transparency to be open and honest, working together with a clear vision
- Trust to know that we are all supporting one another
- Innovation to push each other to improve, evolve and achieve
- Accountability to take responsibility for our actions
THE ENCEPHALITIS SOCIETY
The hub of the Society's work is at the Society Offices - a fully resourced and accessible building, a short distance from Malton railway station in North Yorkshire. Visitors are welcome and an area is available for them to speak with staff for information and advice. The Society offices also boast state-of-the-art meeting and training room facilities for the Society use and that of the local community. For a map please click here.
This area will need more content so that the two boxes with be approximately the same size.
Become a Member
By becoming a member of the Encephalitis Society, your support helps us to provide essential support to people affected all over the world.
Click here to read more
Saturday 1st March 2014 - We will be hosting a support meeting in Dublin. Anyone who is interested in attending and for more information please contact the office on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01653 692583.
Friday 28th February - There are now just a few places left for our incredible retreat weekend. Click here to book your place now!
Monday 24th February - A huge thank you to all those who took part in the first ever World Encephalitis Day! Click here to see a personal message from Chief Executive, Dr Ava Easton.
For fundraising opportunities please see our