Our new site has just launched, and some of the pages are currently still under construction.
We thank you for your patience, please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or queries.
The Encephalitis Society relies on the generosity of people like you to help us to continue to provide our vital services.
By giving regularly through The Foundation Scheme you will ensure that we can continue to provide our support and information services so that we can be there for even more people affected by Encephalitis.
Through setting up a regular donation you will become part of The Foundation Scheme. You can decide how much you would like to give, and we have clear examples of what your regular donations will be specifically going towards.
Being part of this scheme allows you access to some great benefits, such as entry into an annual prize draw, specific communications giving you updates on our work, recognition on our website and a copy of our annual activity report so you can see exactly where your money goes.
The Foundation Scheme allows for the provision of the everyday things that The Encephalitis Society needs. For example, donating £20 a month will fund the Support Line for an hour. We couldn’t offer this support line without a telephone, without line rental, or without the support team needed to facilitate the call. The money that you donate will go directly towards this.
This isn’t the most glamorous of asks, but offering support and information is the foundation of what The Encephalitis Society does, and we need your help to make these foundations as secure as possible.
Your generosity will have a direct impact on the work we do, enabling us to continue our work improving the lives of those affected by Encephalitis all over the world.
With the support of our wonderful Members we have achieved some amazing milestones. Below are just some of the fantastic things we have accomplished with your support.
- We are reaching more and more people affected by Encephalitis, both in the UK and worldwide, who are affected by Encephalitis.
- Our Membership now totals more than 3,500!
- In 2014 we launched the first ever World Encephalitis Day. Taking place on the 22nd February, we hoped to raise awareness about Encephalitis on a global scale. With an estimated reach of over 2 million people, we succeeded in this.
- We have produced our 'Guidance for Education Professionals'. This resource was developed in response to requests for help in educational settings and it is ideal for any teacher or school in need of advice and guidance on how to meet the complex needs of children who have been affected by Encephalitis.
- This year we produced our Cook Book 'Food for Thought ... and Brain'. Featuring recipes from celebrities and celebrated chefs, this book is an excellent example of the developing nature of The Encephalitis Society, and what we can achieve with your help and support.
- We are currently working on an E Learning module aimed at parents and their children. Through this module we hope that they will learn more about the condition and consequences and so be better able to make sense of what has happened to them and their family.
The Encephalitis Society is the operating name of the Encephalitis Support Group which is a registered Charity and Company Limited by Guarantee.
Registered in England and Wales No. 4189027. Registered Office as above. Registered Charity No. 1087843.