Search this site
About the Encephalitis Society
- We are the only resource of our kind in the world providing a dedicated service to people affected by Encephalitis and their loved ones all over the world.
- We have a dedicated direct support service offered via telephone (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm), letter, e-mail and, on occasion, outreach visiting.
- We have a range of information materials including books, DVD, leaflets and factsheets, available in hard copy or electronically.
- We provide a range of opportunities to get together including an Annual meeting, Retreat weekend, Children and Family breaks, regional meetings and VIP Member Events.
- We send out a regular Newsletter with news and information on developments in the consequences of, and treatment of Encephalitis.
- An expert Professional Panel contributes to the strategy of the Society, particularly with regard to the production of evidence based information and research.
- The Society is managed by a Board of Directors, the majority of whom have been personally affected, or have a direct professional interest in Encephalitis.
- We contribute to ongoing research in the field to further understand the causes and consequences of Encephalitis.
- We have developed a Regional Representative Volunteer Service in several areas within UK, facilitating a more effective way of obtaining information and support in your local communities.